Do you ever wonder where the fish on your plate and the shark fin soup in your bowl came from???
Well let me tell you, all over the worls sharks are having there fins cut of for soup. They are then being thorwn back into the water. What do you think happens to them after this, well they die of course!!! The sink because they can’t swim without the fins. It’s like us without our legs / or arms we could survive but it would be VERY VERY VERY hard!!!
Sharks take a very long time to have babies. So if we kill them then they will not be able to have babies. So then there will be no more sharks so no more shark fin soup.
Sharks only kill 5 people a year!!!
Elephants and tigers 100 !!!
Illegal Drugs 22,000!!!
Road Accidents 1,200,000!!!
This is the attachment for the website :http://www.sharkwater.com/
Project Kaisei is a non profet organization that help cleen up the oceans!!!
They are helping clean the ocean as it was us (humans) that ruined it!!!
Project Kaisei goes around oceans taking out all the plastic so fish don’t eat it. You might ne thinking so what if the fish eat it what difference does it make to us… this is the difference… the food chain… We through all our plastic and rubish away … it goes to the ocean … the fish live in the ocean … they can’t tell the difference between other fish and plastic … they eat the plastic … other fish eat them … we eat the fish … we get plastic in us … that makes us sick!!!
If you don’t want to get sick you need to help!!!
Please go to this website for more information: http://www.projectkaisei.org/
I am going to tell you why I am talking about the amount of teens that use cells because so many teens now have them an are always texting. Their parents probally didn’t even have cell phones until they turned 25!!!
Teens that drive text at the same time 1 out of 3 teens text while driving. 1 out of 2 teens talk on the phone while driving. Don’t you think that this is dangerous.
Today we made Easter Cookies with our reading buddies.
* 1 1/2 cups butter, softened
* 2 cups white sugar
* 4 eggs
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 5 cups all-purpose flour
* 2 teaspoons baking powder
* 1 teaspoon salt
1. In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Stir in the flour, baking powder, and salt. Cover, and chill dough for at least one hour (or overnight).
2. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Roll out dough on floured surface 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick. Cut into shapes with any cookie cutter. Place cookies 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
3. Bake 6 to 8 minutes in preheated oven. Cool completely.